At the beginning of March I thought our month would have been dominated by birthday celebrations and preparing for baby. While those were big highlights, coronavirus overshadowed everything. This will forever be the month when life went from completely normal, to living in isolation over just a few weeks. Looking back at our pictures we had so many adventures, and then everything just came to a stand still. It will be interesting to see how April goes...
I had been taking Davey to swim at the gym pool on Tuesday mornings to prepare for lessons that we was supposed to start at the end of the month. He actually did really great and made a lot of progress! I was going to skip Level 1 and enroll him in Level 2 before they were cancelled.
It turns out I hosted the last Letter Group meeting for who knows how long. It was for "U" which was pretty tricky. We did lots of activities that had to do with "UP in the air" or "UNDER the sea."
For our craft the kids made "up, up and away" pictures and then we used toothpicks and marshmallows to create "urchins"
Making rain in a jar at the Discovery Center. I was amazed at how quickly Charlie learned to use a pipette to transfer the liquids!
Sophie was invited to a birthday party for a classmate at an archery range! She had a great time and was able to pop a balloon a few different times.
A Chick fil A location a little further from our house has a "Kids Night" every couple weeks where kids eat free and get to do a craft. The activity this time was making slime, which they loved! The second activity for March was supposed to be planting a flower seed, but it was called off when all the restaurant dining rooms were closed.
One of my last OB appointments, and the last time I brought the boys along since their presences was no longer allowed after coronavirus arrived in our area.
Enjoying Toddler Time at the local trampoline park
Seeing the way things were headed, we had an early birthday celebration for the kids at Chuck E. Cheese. It was such a fun night and they had a blast playing all the games. Sure enough, the place was closed down just a week later so I'm glad we went early!
One of our very last outings was bowling at Cinergy. They were offering free bowling one morning so I took the kids out for some fun. I am wondering which is bigger - the 8 pound bowling ball, or the boy in my belly...
My amazing Dallas friends gifted me a pedicure at a local nail salon as a baby gift. Luckily I was able to use it before they were shuttered, and it was heavenly!
Life at home has now begun...
Our library had a bird feeder activity planned for the kids that was cancelled, but they were so nice and assembled little kits with all the supplies and left them out for people to pick up and take home. We had a fun time making them and then hanging them in our front trees.
A local business offered free Icees one day! They were doing everything curbside and you just had to point at the flavor you wanted and they would bring it to your car. Such a fun treat!
Being at home all day makes you realize things like how dirty your windows are... 18 windows later I was exhausted, but now we can at least see outside again!
This almost big brother is starting to look a little big for his closet nursery
We took a Sunday walk around the duck pond and fed some of the most docile geese I've ever seen, probably because they've been fed around the clock by all the people taking a break from quarantine.































1 comment:
It's always fun to see what interesting things you and your kids are doing. I'm glad you were able to get in some exciting activities in March. Good luck with baby #4.
Post a Comment