March 6, 2020

Getting Ready for Baby #4

Baby #4 still does not have a name, but we are slowly taking steps to prepare for his arrival! Since this is our fourth child and third boy we really didn't need much in the way of equipment or clothing, but I have picked up a few new things (a coming home outfit and blanket) and have been replacing some worn out items.

We have also been stocking up on diapers and wipes, and I've been trying to bank extra sleep, but unfortunately that doesn't usually work out as planned. This baby loves to be active at night and I'm often up for an hour or more while he practices gymnastics at 2 am. All that's left to do at this point is install the car seat, pack my bag, arrange for emergency babysitters should grandma not be here yet, and pick a name. It will be just a few short weeks before he arrives!

My diaper bag was on the replacement list. The original was made by my sister Amy when Sophie was born and had served faithfully for almost seven years. It took me along time to finally find one that I could like as much. 



Glucose screening and rhogam shot around weeks 28 and 32 - fun times!


We also got a new double stroller! I like this one so much better than our previous stroller that was big and bulky, and nicknamed "Gigantor" because it was so cumbersome. Charlie was also excited about the new stroller, although he doesn't realize that he's going to get booted to the back seat when baby comes.


As I've pulled baby equipment out of the attic, Charlie has taken it upon himself to test it all. He sat in the bouncer for awhile and called himself "Baby Char Char."


A bump picture! I have been terrible about taking photos this time around, but finally had Dave one take one of me after church at 34 weeks. 


And here's another at 36 weeks from our day at Palo Duro Canyon. My mom says I look huge in this picture, but that's probably because a 9 pound baby is hiding in there :)


At 36 weeks we also got registered at the hospital so when delivery day comes, I'll be able to just walk straight in and get admitted.


After our hospital tour we took Davey to the "little restaurant" to choose a snack for being so good. He picked out chips and a lollipop.

No comments: