I'm not sure if pregnancy has cause me to let my guard down, or if the extra time at home due to coronavirus is leading to mischief, but we have had WAY more "incidents" outside the usual messes and trouble over the past couple weeks than normal. No one is innocent, and luckily no one has been hurt, but I am so ready for things to calm down! These kids sure can cause trouble sometimes, which makes me wonder why we decided to add one more to our crew...
After several warnings about putting a nite lite right next to her bed because it was dangerous, Sophie finally had an "I told you so" moment. Her favorite blanket "Purple" got a little too close in the night and received a few burn wounds. We are so lucky that nothing actually caught fire or her whole bed would have gone up in flames while she slept.
We were getting ready to leave for the library when I though I heard water. I started checking bathrooms to see if a sink and been left running and found the kids' toilet gushing water. Darling Davey decided to try and flush a cup and there was water everywhere!! It took me about 20 towels to mop it up and we ran space heaters and fans for the next two days to hopefully take care of any remaining moister. I am so glad I caught it before leaving or we would have had a real flood on our hands when I got back!
I'm still not sure what happened here... I went to get Charlie in the morning and found his bed, blankets, and a few books covered in blood, yet there was nothing wrong with him. My best guess is that a bloody nose in the night may have led to him vomiting, but we will never know because he is too young to tell us.
Charlie loves to mess with things and ended up breaking the handle assembly on the toilet. Luckily it was a pretty easy fix.
Charlie also took it upon himself to organize all our dental floss! I was shocked that only one got unwound during the process.
Charlie (he is being featured a lot!) did some engraving on the plantation shutters in Sophie's room. He is such a quiet, happy guy but I guess we need to keep better eyes on him!
Davey decided to decorate the interior of the van with a ballpoint pen. My cleaning efforts have not been successful so far. It's faded, but the marks are all still there. A week before this happened, he also climbed in the van and actually started the car, which could have ended so badly, but he was caught within seconds of his dastardly deed.









1 comment:
Yikes, that is a lot of mishaps.
Post a Comment