March 31, 2021

March 2021 Roundup

We survived March! Celebrating four birthdays was so much fun, but also exhausting and I'm glad we  now have an 11 month break before it's time to start over. There were so many presents, and treats, and balloons, and special activities (baptism included!) to make our month one big party. 

March also was the the one year mark of Covid in our area. I can't believe it has been part of our lives for that long. Luckily, our kids have been in school all year, where in some areas they are just now getting back into the classroom. I am so, so grateful I haven't had to do virtual learning for the past 7 months!! Our gyms, stores, most restaurants, and entertainment venues are also fully open again. We are still waiting for library story time and the Chick fil A playground to open, but otherwise life has pretty much resumed as normal. 

This month Amarillo also moved from level Orange to level Yellow, which mostly means numbers are decreasing and new cases are staying low, and the state-wide mask mandate ended. Many places still required them, including Sophie's school and church, but the blanket mandate is over and nothing bad happened in it's wake, like many feared when Governor Abbott made the announcement. The 100,000th vaccine was also administered this month, which makes our area one of the most immunized (percentage-wise) in the country. I am loving these encouraging signs and hope the positive trend will continue. My fingers are crossed that Davey will get to start kindergarten, mask-free, in August and that I'll be allowed back into the school to eat lunch with him.

March is when the weather starts to turn, giving us more nice days than bad days. We made a trip to the zoo with friends, and also had lots of fun at different parks in the area.


Sitting on the big block throne at the Discovery Center


Davey danced a little too hard in music class and ended up with a black eye


I found this Hatchimal kingdom set up in Sophie's room one day. She would have loved a sister to play with, but does pretty well on her own. I'm glad she is not growing up too fast. 


Taking the power wheels out for a spin on a nice night



I upgraded my library bag at Christmas and the new one is so big I could check out a Charlie!


Playing at Sleepy Hollow for a bit after school before taking Sophie to her first Activity Days


Before covid we made weekly shopping trips to United after school, but now rarely visit. We popped in the other day though, and Griffin got to ride in the car cart for the first time. He thought it was pretty awesome!


I scored a Food Saver for free from our local Buy Nothing group on Facebook. I had to buy some freezer rolls off amazon to use with the machine, but it works great and the cost will quickly be offset by keeping our food safe and useable for much longer.


It was our turn to host Letter Group again this month! My mom was in town to help (which was wonderful) and we had several activities for the letter S, like decorating sticker snakes.


Eating a sweet and salty snack and frosting a star-shape sugar cookie, including sprinkles!


Reading a book about snow, which was fitting because there were flurries in the air that day


Dressing up like snowmen


We went on a super hero scavenger hunt around the house


Swim lessons started up again! This was one of our first activities to be cancelled last year due to covid. Sophie and Emery were in a class together as the only two students and had a great time.


At church in the shirts I  bought in Greece during our November 2019 trip. Luckily I got them a size up, because this was the first time they had a reason to wear them!


Now that it's warmer we've started taking the bike trailer out again

March 2021 Video Clips


No comments: