It was so fun to celebrate our little Griffin! He turned one on a Wednesday, but we actually chose to delay his birthday "party" a few days so we could hold it on the weekend when things wouldn't be so rushed. This is our family's last 1st birthday celebration and I wanted to savor the moment! I even ordered a cute lion smash cake from a local baker for the occasion. Sadly he actually wasn't feeling great once Saturday rolled around, but once he saw the presents and cake he was able to muster up some happiness and get excited about being the center of attention. You are the cutest little guy, Griffin, and we sure love you!!
Present opening took a long time. We let him go at his own pace and he took his time ripping off little shreds of paper. We actually let him open a couple on his own before calling the other kids over so he could enjoy the experience without the "help" that he would inevitably receive once they arrived.
As a fourth child he didn't really need anything, but that didn't stop us from spoiling him just a little. He got some new jammies, a book, play food, rainbow blocks, a musical caterpillar and a push toy.
After three other birthdays in March I was feeling a little burnt out, so I went against my nature and placed a custom order from Simple Little Sweets. Best idea ever!! Not only did it look good, it also tasted amazing, and didn't even cost a fortune. I may never bake a birthday cake again.
Really pleased with the offering we put on his high chair
He was a upset that we wouldn't let him touch the lit candle or the cake while we were singing
Rather than serve the kids up separately, I told them to just gather around the high chair and dig in. It was already going to be messy, so why not have some fun! I think Griffin also enjoyed having them close by to share the moment.
He really went to town, smashing and eating his cake like a pro
Well done little buddy!
Clips from Griffin's 1st Birthday







No comments:
Post a Comment