Fall means fun at Maxwell's! This is one of our favorite traditions and I'm so glad that covid did not cancel this for us.. Some things were different (no corn pit - booo!) but most things were the same, and that felt good after the strange year we've had. We partied hard for 3 hours and 95% of the time our crew was happy. Rat rollers, apple cannons, obstacle courses, duck races, sack slides, cow train, and more!! The only thing we didn't do was pick a pumpkin, because we already chose some from Walmart's "patch," haha.
The apple cannons are a paid "add-on," but they are fun, so we normally get a bucket to share
The duck races that inevitably led to lots of crying. Next year we are going to try to remember to skip this activity since it never ends well.
First year Davey has been able to climb the pyramid without help!
Sophie thought she was too old to ride on the cow train, but I convinced her she wouldn't not break the cow car and told her to hop in. She even got a turn with the cow bell!
October can still be really hot in Texas. We went first thing in the morning to try and beat the heat, but still had our sweatshirts off by lunch.
As my only child who can't run away, Griffin got to pose in all the little photo op displays they had set up around the farm. I sure love his cute little face!
We ate lunch by a glass blowing booth and it was so fun to watch. Of course we got tempted into designing and buying one to take home. It will be a good addition to my fall décor.
One perk of covid was only 10 kids allowed on the jumping pillows at a time. Normally these things are a collision waiting to happen, but this year they had plenty of space to run and jump!
King Corn and Queen Pumpkin on their thrones
And Charlie in the giant cow chair!
Since I'm always the one with the camera I never end up in any photos. I asked Dave to get a picture of me and the boys and this was the best we could do. At least there's proof I was there.
No comments:
Post a Comment