So far we are still sticking with themed family costumes for Halloween, and this year we were the Mario Brothers! In addition to Mario and Luigi, we also had Princess Peach, Toad, Bowser, and King Boo. Sadly our ward Halloween party was cancelled (curse you covid!) so the world never got to see us in all our glory, but the kids were still able to wear theirs out Trick or Treating.
These costumes were all labors of love. I am not an experienced seamstress (probably because I only do it once a year at Halloween) and spent many nights at war with these costumes. It was my first experience with elastic, gathers, sleeves, and pants and I sewed things together inside out, attached pieces before finishing the edges, measured way wrong, put snaps on backwards, and the list goes on. But in the end they actually turned out wearable and recognizable!!
Dave's costume was my crown jewel creation and I'm still a little sad he never got to make his debut as King Boo. Maybe someday down the road he'll have a need to wear it again.










No comments:
Post a Comment