February 10, 2021

Looking for Treasure at Cadillac Ranch

 One very cold day in February, Brodie asked in the family group chat if we knew where Cadillac Ranch was, because he has an influencer friend who hid $500 in one of the cars! We checked out the info and even though it had been posted a few days earlier, the prize had not been redeemed. It was 20 degrees and lightly snowing, not ideal conditions for a field trip, but in the end I decided it was worth it to take the boys on a field trip to see if we could get lucky.

I bundled everyone up, and my friend Erika met us out in the field to help me look. It was so, so cold!! My hands were freezing as I dug around in the dirt, searching for the prize. Sadly we came up empty handed, but shared the pictures of our attempt online in hopes that we'd be awarded something for trying. We're still waiting to find out how everything will turn out...

It was freezing outside, which may have worked in our favor because no one else wanted to be out there looking either


Erika was at Sam's when I told her about the treasure and she hopped in our car to join me and help out with the little boys. Such a great friend!


Fully bundled and all alone at Cadillac Ranch


With three of the cutest, but most unhelpful helpers I could ask for


Davey LOVED it out there. He was sleeping last time we visited so this was all new to him. He thought the cars were awesome and loved the idea that you could spray paint them. At one point he found a full can of orange paint on the ground and tried to use it to spray a car, but accidently got his own coat instead. Luckily I was able to get it out with WD-40 and lots of scrubbing. We will have to go back to visit sometime when it's warmer and we are wearing clothes we don't care about! 


We were sad to not find anything, but it was fun to do something a little spontaneous and crazy!

No comments: