February 14, 2021

Happy Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day fell on a freezing cold. snowy Sunday. We didn't even have church because of weather, so it was the perfect day to just stay home spend time as a family. I try not to go too overboard on holidays, but did get the kids each a box of jelly beans, some mini M&Ms, and a  giant Squishmallow animal as a surprise. 

I traditionally take a Valentine's photo of the kids. Normally we send it out to grandparents, but this year I wasn't on top of things so they got a digital version instead. The backdrop was just a $1 tablecloth from Walmart that I hung on the wall, and later we used it for our dinner!


The kids with their Squishmallows in front of their decorated doors. I had been adding one heart a day to each door (when I remembered), counting down the days from February 1st to February 14th.



Davey's primary teacher sent these cute heart crafts in the mail


Griffin enjoying a Valentine's nap with mom


We had a yummy enchilada dinner, with strawberries and jello adding some "redness" to our meal. It was really good, although we are counting down the years until Sophie is old enough to start babysitting while Dave and I go out to enjoy a meal in peace :)

No comments: