October 24, 2019

October Snow Day!!

After very warm late summer/early fall, Amarillo was suddenly hit with a real snowstorm toward the end of October! The weather forecast often predicts flurries for our area, but we rarely see actual accumulation, but this time it was the real deal! It snowed most of the day, and through the night. We got about 6 inches from this storm, which is a lot for Texas. It was fun to play in while it lasted and then a few days later it was all gone. 

Around lunchtime the snow started sticking to the ground


The boys and I turned on the fire and watched it fall through the afternoon


Picking up Sophie from school - I was glad I had sent her with a real coat that day!


After school we went out to play


Charlie did not love it one bit

  

Sophie made a cute little snowman


The boys came inside after a short time, but she stayed out on her own for much longer. I wish really wishing we had some friends closer by so she could have played with someone instead of by herself.



Hot chocolate afterward to warm up


The next day was sunny, but still cold, so we got to enjoy our winter wonderland for a bit longer

No comments: