October 31, 2019

Halloween 2019

We had a SUPER Halloween this year! Davey really wanted to be Batman, so the other kids joined his universe as Wonder Woman and Robin. I don't know how much longer we'll be able to keep doing coordinated costumes, but sure has been fun while we can!


Batman and his sidekick


Off to save the day!


Wonder Woman - 6 Years Old


Batman - 3 Years Old


Robin - 1 Year old


WARD HALLOWEEN PARTY: Our ward party was the weekend before Halloween. The youth were still in charge this year, but there was no carnival this time, just a dinner and trunk-or-treat so my night wasn't nearly as chaotic as last year. I made costumes for Dave and I so the whole family would match! I went as Catwoman and Dave was the Riddler, and we quickly learned the lesson that if you dress as a bad guy, all the kids attack you. 


Batman punching out the Riddler


The kids were pros at gathering candy this year and wanted me to let them go on their own so I just watched from a distance while Dave passed out the candy.


HALLOWEEN NIGHT: the kids were so excited to trick or treat this year! They literally ran without stopping for an hour and we had a hard time keeping up with them. It was cold, but not freezing like last year. We all went out together for the first hour, then I came back with the boys while Dave and Sophie hit up the rest of the neighborhood.

Batman's mask kept slipping off and so we ended up just taking it off


Charlie stayed in the wagon and enjoyed all the candy the big kids brought back to him from the houses. He loves suckers and grabbed all he could get his hands on.


We live at the end of a dark court with no street lamps, so I tried to make our house look somewhat inviting to entice trick or treaters to make the trek down.


Sophie with her haul, all organized by type. I was pleased with the number of Snickers bars she brought back! Her favorites were the jolly ranchers and gummies.

No comments: