The end of May also marked the official start of summer here in Amarillo. School is out and the weather has gotten hot. I am just grateful that we have relatively low humidity here and access to a pool, since we've already been hitting triple digits some days!
Random May photos:
I have started taking Sophie to the library in the evenings after Davey is in bed because it's just too crazy if we all go together. He heard about our plan one night, though and said, "I wanna go library too, PLEEEASE" and I couldn't refuse.
Sophie's first words that she figured out how to spell on her own
The kids always look forward to the first-Friday Discovery Center presentation. This time we got there late and there weren't enough seats, but Sophie scooted over and pulled Davey up to sit next to her ♥
Davey wanted me to take his picture while I was trying to take pictures of Charlie
Sophie is a puzzle master! She loves the ones from the Dollar Tree that have all her favorite characters.
Watching shows on the coffee table, even though there is a perfectly good couch right behind them.
Sophie did another round of swim lessons and is getting so good! She can dive in and swim the width of the pool now. After have to skip a class, due to another round of swimmer's ear, we got her a swim cap and it seems to be helping her ear and her confidence!
We borrowed a ladder and light pole from a neighbor and spent the day switching out all our traditional bulbs for LEDs. We spent over $100 on lights, but our house is so much BRIGHTER! and we hope to start seeing savings on our energy bill as well. Either way, it was worth it!
Let it be known that we have passed 2,000 levels of Candy Crush. Dave and I share an account on the iPad and this has been our go-to distraction over the last 5 years. This represents many, many hours of nursing for me :)
Sunday afternoon nap
Sophie snuck out during quiet time one day and took this picture of me and Charlie. Then she brought my phone back to her room and took another 500 photos of her toys.
Charlie and I like to chase the sunset on our walks at night. We've had some pretty ones lately!
Party in mom's bed!
Two of the kids in their Memorial Day outfits. Davey was patriotic too, but didn't want to be in the photo.
We were invited to a party with a group of friends on Memorial Day. Davey really went to town on the watermelon. He kept appearing with more slices and we finally realized he was taking the half-eaten ones out of the trash and finishing them off.
Amarillo doesn't have much nature, but I do try to get outdoors with the kids from time to time. We went to Wildcat Bluff one morning, before it got too hot, to walk around and dig in the sand. Davey seems to have developed a serious fear of ants, however, and spent most of our outing clinging to my leg and crying.
The boys watching Paw Patrol together
Davey is still figuring out how to sleep with a pillow. We're pretty sure he's part puppy :)























1 comment:
I always enjoy reading your posts and seeing pictures of your new cute house and super cute kids. Have a great summer!
Post a Comment