We went on a walk the night before to check things out and University Avenue had transformed into Shanty Town. I wish I had brought my camera - there were tents, chairs, blankets, couches, and pavilions covering every inch of available grass. People were camped out everywhere playing games, watching movies, riding scooters & bikes, dancing... I don't even want to think about what things would have looked like if this wasn't a Mormon town on a Sunday evening.
We didn't camp, but thanks to our brother-in-law Jeremy, we were able to get great front row seats! He picked out a spot the night before and then got up at 5:30 to protect our claim.
Some of our favorite parade entries included the Utah Old Time Fiddlers
The Llama Fest
The "Tree of Life" float complete with a great and spacious building
And those holding tight to the iron rod. Oh Utah :)
3 comments:
Good thing you borrowed my camera- you got some great pictures!
So fun! I've never actually been to the parade! Happy 4th!
I like the symbolism of the Rollerblader holding to the rod.
Post a Comment