We flew back from Seattle to Dallas on a Tuesday. We needed a day to recover from our travel, which meant the earliest we would want to drive back to Amarillo was Thursday, and at that point Sophie would only make it for one day of school so why hurry?? We decided to stay the week and go back Sunday so we could see the Howes and our friends for a few days, but then the weather reports started showing chances of a storm that could bring snow to our area.
Grandma took time off work, Liz even came over for a few days, and we had a game night with friends. While spending time with them, however, we also kept our eyes on the forecast. When the likelihood of snow grew more certain, we decided to pack up and leave Saturday morning instead. We were sad to cut our visit short, but it turned out to be the right choice! The storm did dump a few inches of snow Saturday night into Sunday. It was also really, really cold so the kids didn't even go out to play until Monday afternoon.
This was our third storm with measurable snow this winter. I never imagined we would use our snow gear this regularly when we moved to Texas. At least it never sticks around for more than a day or two before warming up and melting out.
Charlie has more snow stamina than the other kids and had a great time tromping around the yard
Davey was really excited about the Power Wheels Santa left for him and took it out for a test drive. At least the snow cushioned everything a bit if he crashed!
It was a really dry snow and this was the biggest snowman we could manage to put together
I really wanted to make snow cones, but we didn't have any syrups on hand and I couldn't find any at the store. I tried a recipe online that used Kool-Aid powder for flavoring and the kids liked it, but it wasn't up to my standards. I'll be on the hunt for the real deal so we can be prepared for the next time we get snow.







No comments:
Post a Comment