We were all just a little disappointed with Thanksgiving this year. Covid exploded in our community early in November, so lots of stuff closed back down and Dave's parents (with our support) decided it would be best to not come visit. Then the kids had a rough few days and fought constantly about everything, Dave and I were tired, and our dinner was a bust - the rolls never rose, the jello didn't set right, the meat got overcooked, the beans burned...
However, we are grateful to be happy and healthy during what has been a challenging year for many. We have an amazing family, great friends, steady employment, a roof over our heads and a stocked fridge and pantry, plus many many more things to be grateful for!!
Me and Griffin in our festive fall outfits
The remains of a failed dinner. At least the potatoes were good!
Even though I had no energy, we started decorating for Christmas after dinner and it turned out to be just what I needed. All is calm, all is bright...




No comments:
Post a Comment