Thanks to COVID, Dave was teaching his summer term virtually and we were able to head to Seattle a little earlier than normal! Unfortunately our travel out wasn't very smooth due to a booking problem. I wasn't able to check in to our flight online, and when I tried to call the help desk it essentially told me the hold queue was so long I would never reach anyone. That meant we had to sort things out at the airport, and during that time they started giving our seats away to standby passengers. Ahh!
We should have had a middle seat for Griffin before the booking fiasco, but in the end we were happy to just be sitting next to each other. Poor Griff had to have his naps on the floor though.
We made it to Sammamish in time to celebrate the Fourth! The firework show on the lake was cancelled, but the kids had fun just doing sparklers, fountains and flowers in the driveway.
After the kids were in bed, I went out on the boat with my parents to watch smaller shows happening on the docks all around the lake. Some of them were pretty impressive! We also saw a police boat attempt an ambush, since fireworks this size are actually illegal.







No comments:
Post a Comment