Griffin is two months old now! His biggest changes have been learning to smile and becoming a better sleeper. He is such a happy guy and his face just lights up whenever someone pays attention to him. He's especially happy to see me in the morning, and the feeling is mutual!
He is now sleeping 6-8 hour stretches at night which is a world of improvement from his first month of life. He is also a champion at putting himself to bed. The experts always say to put your baby down drowsy, but awake for the best sleep and he is our first baby to comply with this method. After his last feed I swaddle him up fully awake, lay him in bed, and then 10 minutes later he's out without any crying! I'm hoping that he will still go to bed this easy when he have to stop swaddling him a few months once he begins rolling.
Griffin at 2 Months
- 24.5 inches (86%), 12.9 pounds (62%), and 44% head. He is long, and not quite lean, but not quite chunky either. Both Davey and Charlie were close to 14 pounds at this age.
- Now wearing 6 month clothing and size 2 diapers.
- He enjoys going for walks and is our first baby that seems to be immune to the lull of the stroller. Griffin loves to look up at the trees and gets mad when we have to cover his seat because it's too sunny or windy.
- Bath time is a favorite activity and he loves to kick his legs in the water. I spend most of the bath repositioning him in the bath seat because he wriggles down to try and splash.
- I have realized that I will be wearing my hair in a bun for the next year or more with him. The few times I've bothered to wear it down he has spit up in it, or gotten all tangled up in it because he grabs it and then doesn't know how to let go.
- He's holding up his head really well on his own, but is still not all the way stable. He also still has the newborn flailing arms and legs that he can't quite control.
He starting smiling, but it's still a work in progress :)
Having a great nap at 8 weeks old
We gave Griffin his first haircut this month. After all his hair on top fell out, the sides and neck looked really scruffy so I shaved it off to even things out. It was hard to cut off all that soft fuzz, but he looks so much better now!
Such a cute little guy
At his 2 month check up he was so happy during the exam, and then the shots came at the end...
The only time his eyes aren't are big is when he's smiling
His fuzz is starting to come in more!
He's discovered his hands and loves to suck on them. It keeps him very entertained and I'm glad he has something to keep himself busy when I have to set him down.














No comments:
Post a Comment