Our first days at home with Griffin passed pretty smoothly. Normally a new baby is a big disruption to the routine, but thanks to COVID, we pretty much have no routine right now. With no school, church, errands or activities, I've never had to feed him on the go, stock a diaper bag, or lug around a car seat. Plus Dave is working remotely, so I had back up at home if I needed help with the other kids.
It hasn't all been easy though. Griffin LOVES to eat and wants to be fed every two hours, including during the night. He also prefers to be held and snuggled, to sitting in the bouncer or swing, so I spent a lot of time loving on this guy. Knowing that he is our last, however, has made me appreciate all those late nights and slow feedings that I found so hard when Sophie was born. I know how fast they change and grow now!
Here are some photos from his first days at home:
First night at home and filling out the 3 month jammies just fine!
Newborn check up with the pediatrician. He was just a little jaundiced, but otherwise healthy with no concerns.
Hanging out with mom and dad at 3 days old
5 days old - having his hair combed by some T-Rex claws
Snuggles with mom
Little smiles at 1 week old
8 days old - Sleeping away the day
11 days old - look at those squishy cheeks!
Very alert after having his hair washed in the sink - it took forever for his cord to fall off
Two weeks old
Always making the cheerio face
Two week check up!
He had a huge blowout all over me and the floor while the nurse was listening to his heart
At 2 weeks he made it back to birth weight and then some! I am very grateful that although my babies are chunky, they have all had tiny heads :)

















No comments:
Post a Comment