December 25, 2019

Christmas Day in Dallas

We were in Dallas for Christmas this year visiting Grandma and Grandpa Howe. This marks our 14th consecutive Christmas that we have traveled, and while it gets a little more chaotic to pack up our family with each passing year, we love being able to spend the holidays with family!!
This year we left Amarillo a week before Christmas and came home the day after New Year's. We had a lot of fun with cousins and friends during our stay (separate post), but the highlight of our trip was definitely Christmas day. The kids are at such fun ages right now, and look forward to this day so much and it was so fun to see their excitement as dreams came true. 

All dressed up for Christmas Sunday


I always regret that we never remember to take a picture of the kids with their grandparents after visiting, but this time we did!!


And one of Charlie because he was just too cute in his Christmas sweater


Davey faithfully watched this Santa tracker for a few hours. He was so excited even though it said Santa was still 9 hours away from Texas


We didn't have a Christmas plate for Santa's cookies so Sophie made one herself


All ready with their stocking and Christmas pajamas!


Santa came and brought way too much stuff. I guess they were extra good this year.


The kids were in a downstairs bedroom right off the family room, while the rest of us were sleeping upstairs. I thought they might be tempted to sneak out and peek, so I put up a reminder barrier on the door. It did no good, haha. Davey broke right through and I found the both out looking at presents at 5:30 am. After chasing them back into their rooms, I heard Davey behind the door chanting "I got a Batman! I got a Batman!"


Davey and his Remote Control Batmobile


Sophie with her new camera and jump rope


Charlie with a choo choo track


I bought this Hotwheels "pinewood derby" track back in spring for Davey during a sale at Target because I thought he would love it and he did!


More choo choos for Charlie


Passed out after a busy Christmas

No comments: