In Dave's box we found these two gems, and since Valentine's day is just around the corner I thought I'd share:
We googled the first line and found that the assignment must have been to write a poem based off The Passionate Shepherd to His Love, but I personally like this version better. I still can't decide what my favorite part is - the hike/bike date, the famous picture of a dove, playing in a meadow, or the 20 lb bag of gummi bears. What a funny kid, and what lucky girl I am that he's mine :)
4 comments:
Wow- he's quite the poet prodigy:)
I especially liked that he would do the homework so you would not be bogged. I laughed so hard!!! That is priceless! I certainly cannot picture a sixth grade boy writing all those romantic and lovey dovey things, but it is awesome!
You are lucky Mel,
you have a husband that treats you swell!
Although I know you got the diamond ring,
But what about the gold band, earrings, diamond slippers, and all that other bling?
I guess after all these years he's learned about true love,
The deepest kind of service, commitment, and oneness- not just a picture of a dove...
Happy Valentines Day you two love doves. Have fun tonight being groomed in the meadow while Dave serenades you. Priceless!
Does Dave do your homework?
Did he buy you a big house? Did he give you a picture of a dove?? What about the earrings? 10 karat gold? : D
Post a Comment