- Dave was called as the new Elder's Quorum President for our ward, which will be a big job with the recent changes. Meetings, speaking assignments and welfare needs have kept him very busy.
- I have started to make friends with some other moms in our ward and stake. A group of them talked me into joining a local gym. I am not much of a fitness person, but so far I have joined them for a Pilates class, and worked out a few times on my own. It has child care available which is a great motivator for me to go exercise!
- Thanks to a color-changing spoon that came in the box of Honey Nut Cheerios, Sophie is finally eating her cereal with milk and a spoon, instead of dry with her fingers. She has also started to learn to read (more on that later!)
- Davey is done with bottles and the transition wasn't as hard as expected. He also moved out of his high chair to a booster seat and now eats meals at the table with the rest of the family.
- Charlie continues to be an awesome baby, who seems to be growing right before our eyes!
Here are a few more April photos:
Davey the Diaper Model
April Sickness: I got a 24 hour flu bug that kept me and Charlie home from church one Sunday, and Sophie's had a bad ear infection that caused a few sleepless nights before we got it under control.
Bubble Mania at the Discovery Center! We learned that if you mix a bit of glycerin into bubble solution it makes them stronger. Sophie had fun holding and bouncing them around.
Davey made a long "choo choo" out of these tile blocks at the Discovery Center. I love he is able to focus on activities longer as he gets older.
The kids love these little shopping carts at Untied. To my surprise, Davey is actually a more conscientious driver than Sophie. We will have to watch out for her as a teenager!
Sleeping in with Charlie
Tim and Cindy's family stayed with us for a night on their way down from Idaho to Dallas. We took them to a park and the kids had an awesome time playing with their Howe cousins. It was so nice to see them!
Sophie combed her eyebrows in the bath one night - it's good thick brows are in style right now!
We purchased another Groupon for glow golf since the kids loved it so much last time. It was a great way to spend a rainy Saturday, and Sophie even got two hole-in-ones!
Charlie is the happiest baby :)
In between all the fights, there is lots of sibling love going on around here
After a few months off, we took the kids swimming again at the WT pool. Sophie jumped right in and had a great time, especially since her friend Ethan was also there with his family.
Davey also loves swimming, but spent most of his time on the sidelines with me where I was hanging out with Charlie. He was having a few tummy issues that night and went through three swim diapers... not fun.
Snuggling my little Charlie bug
The big kids have never fallen asleep on the couch and then, within just a few days of each other, they both passed out and took long couch naps. I guess they must have been extra tired.
Charlie, on the other hand, takes couch naps all the time.