Davey at 11 Months
- 30 inches long and 23.5 pounds. He's put on a pound since last month, proof he's growing again!
- Sleep has been better. He naps at 10 and 2 each day, and goes down from 7 pm to 7 am at night. I allow him one feeding around 4, and at that time I move him from the crib in Sophie's room to the pack n' play in our room. She wakes up pretty early, so it works best to move him in with us in the wee hours of morning so she doesn't wake him up later on.
- He loves to have his head and back rubbed, and will snuggle into you if you give him a good massage.
- Learned to wave, and will sometimes do "so big". We are still trying to teach him how to clap.
- Is in to everything and loves to scatter things. His daily routine involves knocking over the stack of library books, emptying the kitchen drawers, pulling all the magnets off the fridge and checking all corners of the house for treasures we may have left within reach. Sophie is always yelling "brother found something tiny!" that we then go fish out of his mouth.
- Has started playing with Sophie for short periods of time and puts up with a lot of tough loving from her.
- Is very vocal and will sometimes imitate sounds we make, but says no real words
- He is now eating about 4 oz of baby food and a bowl of oatmeal each day. It's been slow and steady progress. He also enjoys soup, corn, potatoes, pretzels, pizza crust, and yogurt. I'm curious to see what will happen when we give him some cake for his birthday next month.
Just having a party in the mother's lounge at church, instead of napping like he's supposed to
He fell asleep folded in half the other day
Still just 4 little teeth, although I think he may be getting some more on top. It's hard to tell because his teeth come in soooo sloooow.
And check out this crazy tongue trick! I've never seen a tongue move the way his does.