Davey at 9 Months
- Around 22 pounds and 30 inches. He is in 18 month clothing and I think we should be able to stay in this size for at least a month or two (I hope).
- Prefers to army crawl, but will get up on his knees to move over obstacles, or if the ground is rough and he wants to protect his stomach. He also learned to move back into a sitting position from his knees.
- Got his second tooth on the bottom and I can feel one of his top teeth starting to break through.
- Has developed a love for long sticks, power cords, balls and cars. He is definitely a boy and it's been fun to see how different he is from Sophie, even at such a young age.
- Still relies on nursing for 98% of his nutrition, but is slowly warming up to other foods as long as it is not presented on a spoon, and does not resemble baby food. This week he tried a few bites of cantaloupe, croissant, and pineapple.
- Sleep has been going better and most nights we can get away with just one feeding between 3 and 4 am. He can sit up in his crib now, which has made self soothing a little more difficult, but will usually go back down if you go pet his head and give him a blanket.
It was really hard to take his picture this month because he started to crawl away as soon as I sat him down. To keep him contained I put him in a bean bag, which he thought was fun for about 30 seconds, and then he wanted out.
He loves to curl his tongue and is always rolling it around in his mouth
We found out he will eat cookies
My little chubster
The spit up has mostly stopped, but sadly I can't say the same for blow outs. A very active boy, combined with an all liquid diet leads to lots of explosions. We had one happen at church the other week and the only spare clothes I had in the diaper bag were Sophie's.
Sometimes loves bath, other times screams bloody murder