Davey at 5 Months
- Is 28 inches and 18 pounds, pretty much double his birth weight. I can barely squish his sausage arms and legs into pajamas these days.
- Wearing size 3 diapers and 12 month clothing, although I still have all the 9 month stuff in his drawer because, even though it's getting tight, I have a hard time letting go.
- Still all gums, which is great because his cue that he's hungry is to bite down on my shoulder and that's going to hurt once his little teeth come in.
- Goes down for 11-12 hours at night with 1-2 feedings. He also takes 3 naps a day for 1-2 hours each. His feedings rarely last longer than 10 minutes - he's a speed demon!
- Does not like to sit (he goes rigid when I try to put him down on his bum), but if I can get him in the position he can do it independently for shorts periods of time.
- Can roll both directions when he feels like it, but normally doesn't care to even try until I put him down in the crib. Then he rolls around like a wild man.
- We haven't started solids yet (no growth concerns with this chunker), but might try them next month.
- Sometimes his hair looks reddish in photos, but I think it's just his pink head showing through. I'm 95% certain it's going to be brown when the rest of it comes in.
He loves to suck on his toes. If he had discovered his feet a month earlier it would have been great entertainment on our car trip.
This was the first moment I actually saw him roll back-to-front. I find him in different positions and places all the time, but rarely see the moment he makes a move.
Love those squishy cheeks and long eyelashes
Anything he manages to get his hands on goes straight into his mouth - you have been warned!
Video: Davey adores Sophie. I remember feeling guilty at the beginning for how much attention he was taking away from her, but I am so glad she will have a sibling to grow up with. I'm sure they will have plenty of fights, but he is going to be her buddy for life.