Since Sophie and Davey were both March babies it's hard not to compare progress and milestones. They are similar in a lot of ways, but he did come with his own unique set of virtues and challenges. It's been fun watching his personality form and I can already tell he's going to be an active little boy like his sister. He is a fantastic eater and sleeper, and doesn't spit up nearly as much as Sophie did. Our biggest struggle right now is that he will not take a binky and can only be soothed by eating, which makes car rides, church, restaurants, etc.... a little more difficult. We'll be driving up to Seattle next week and I have a feeling we are going to be making lots of stops.
Davey at 3 Months
- He has still been sleeping well at night and gets up once between 3 and 5 am to eat and then is normally back down until morning. His naps are still up in the air, but he had been taking a 2-3 hour afternoon nap on most days.
- Sophie liked to slowly rotate in circles when you put her on the ground at this age, but he is a master inch-worm. He will scoot in a straight line across the floor or his bed until his head crashes into something.
- He is always very happy in the mornings, and right after a feeding. We love his big grins and little laughs.
- His hair that he lost after birth is really growing back in on top and is still dark. I love petting his soft little head.
- Wants to put everything in his mouth. He loves to chew on blankets, burp clothes, clothes, or anything else that comes within range. If he can't grab something with his hands, he will dive down with his head to reach it.
- I know it's probably terrible to let your baby watch TV, but he really loves cartoons and they keep him engaged for about 30 minutes in the morning. We have to be out the door by 8:30 each day, so it's been really helpful to have both him and Sophie watch a show while I get get dressed and pack lunches for all of us.
- Does not like loud singing, which has also made church a bit difficult
- He poops A LOT, which the doctor said could be a mild food allergy. She didn't recommend doing anything at this point, though, because he has been growing fine (or more than fine), hasn't had any skin reactions, sleeps well, and is overall a happy boy. For now we are just going through lots of wipes and desitin.
I put him in 9 month jammies a couple weeks ago and he fills them out just fine
Starting to look a little big in his bath seat
Two month shots = sad boy for a couple days
Chewin' on a blanket
Taking one of his good naps. I can tell he's getting older because this post has only one sleeping picture. Before it was almost all sleeping pictures and just a few of him awake.
I put him in the Bumbo chair the other day and was surprised by how well he did. I had to wedge his fat little bum in, and he has really enjoyed sitting in it while I work in the kitchen. It's so nice to have a place I can set him down from time to time!
Love that dark hair growing back in!