Sophie loves to be a helper and has learned to climb the kitchen drawers to get up on the counter while we prepare meals. She is really interested in everything and often asks "why" if she doesn't understand something. Every morning we talk about our plan for the entire day and if you give her a pencil and some paper she will make a "schedule". She knows all her colors, counts to 14, and can tell you the plot of almost any Disney movie. She is just starting to show an interest in letters and can identify M (for mommy), D (for daddy), S (for Sophie and snake), F (for frog), and X (that marks the spot).
We are working on how to understand and work through feelings and she has been slowing learning when to be crazy, when to be quiet, how to say sorry, and that it's ok to be sad, mad, or frustrated sometimes. She is extremely loving and never lets a person leave without giving them a hug and a "miss" (kiss). She is very easy to please and often tells us that something is her favorite or "was fun to her." We are often amazed at her patience. If you give her a candy she will savor it in her mouth forever and can stay quiet in a hiding spot for a few minutes when we play hide-and-seek. I can't even begin to describe how much I love her!!
Sophie at 31 Months
- 39 inches tall (95%) and and weighs almost 34 pounds (75%).
- We still have not cut her hair. I told myself I would cut it when she turns three, but I love it so much we might let it just keep growing....
- Favorite color is green
- Favorite animals are frogs, snakes, crabs, alligators, turtles, and octopuses. I think our aquarium membership has had an influence on her and has led to a love all things related to the water.
- Favorite shows are Jake and Neverland Pirates, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Daniel Tiger, and Winnie the Pooh, and all Disney movies.
- Her favorite breakfast is cheesy eggs with yogurt, her favorite lunch is cheesy noodles, and her favorite dinner is anything that involves cheese. She also likes to eat carrots with dip, apples, soup, oatmeal, pancakes, and rice. Her favorites treats are milkshakes, donuts, popcorn and chocolate milk. She still is not a fan of chicken or most veggies, but has been making some progress.
- She sleeps very well - 11 hours at night and a 2 hour nap in the day. We still haven't moved her out of a crib and will probably wait until just before or even after the baby is born. Purple and Pink (her blankets) are her "loves" and she snuggles with them every night.
- She is a huge fan of Spiderman, even though she really has no idea who he is. Dave recently got some little Spiderman books at the library so she has been learning more about his webs, bad guys, and what makes a good superhero.
- Loves to play doctor, cooking, blocks, play-doh, coloring, hide-and-seek, tag, go to sleep, and hide from the scary monster.
- Is pretty much potty trained. She still has tiny accidents, that don't even get her pants wet, but is otherwise good. She has been wearing panties to bed at night for the last month and has only had two accidents. We are 100% diaper free!!
- Her favorite song to listen to is the "Ghosty Song" - Grim Grinning Ghosts from the Disneyland haunted mansion. Her favorite song to sing right now is "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" from the Lion King.
- She is very excited for her birthday, which is still over 4 months away. We probably won't do a party since I am due with this baby on her birthday, but she is still looking forward to having a cake with candles and presents. I also told her that when she turns 3 she can ride the train at the mall, which hopefully turns out to be as much fun as she thinks it will be.
- Is ready to be a sister. We have been sorting through baby stuff to get ready, and talking about when she was a baby, and I think she is starting to get excited for her brother to arrive. She tells us often that she will feed him a bottle and tiny food, take a bath with him, play tag (that one will have to wait a few years), and have sleepovers. I'm glad she's looking forward to the "sleepovers" because we only have two bedrooms and they will be sharing for at least a year or more until Dave is done with school.