August 4, 2015

Sammamish Summer 2015 - Part One

The day after we returned home from North Carolina we packed our bags again and started the drive up to Washington. I was a little worried about how Sophie would handle the drive since we had endured a 3 hour drive and a 5 hour flight the day before, but she did fine. She took some killer naps, and we only had to break out the iPad a couple times.

My parents had moved since our last trip at Christmas. This was our first time seeing their new house in Bellevue, on the other side of Lake Sammamish. The new house was much bigger, which was nice because my sister Amy and her kids, my sister Natalie and her husband Brodie, and Derek were also there visiting!

Sophie on the balcony looking out at the lake

Sophie's favorite part of the new house was the Roomba vacuum. She would follow it around and laugh hysterically every time it would turn and start coming in her direction. 

Our first day there we went raspberry picking. There were baskets for the adults, but they had these cute buckets for kids. Sophie ate almost everything she picked and her bucket only had a few berries by the end. I made 8 batches of freezer jam with the berries we picked and we each got to take some home with us - yum!!

We also tried a splash park that is right near the new house. Sophie will drink any liquid she can find (including ocean water) so I was not surprised to find her like this. How do I teach her that this is gross?!

Grandmari had two little friends who were very willing to help her finish her popsicle

And of course we went boating a few times during our visit!

With my girlie :)

One night we took the three bigger kids out tubing. We tried putting them all in the tube together at first, but poor Sophie got complete squashed under her cousins. Instead we let Anne and Will go out together, and then I took Sophie out for her own turn. 

Sophie LOVED riding in the tube. She liked when it was bumpy and when we went fast. She really wanted to go out again, but unfortunately we never found a time to take her a second time. 

The day before Amy and her kids had to leave, we went to Kelsey Creek farm. We were only there for about 20 minutes before it started raining. Although our day was cut short, we did get to see a giant 700+ pound pig eat a watermelon, some bunnies, chickens, and goats before going home. 

No comments: