Sophie is developing a strong, yet sweet personality. She is so happy and seems to just love life. Dave and I are both impressed and a bit worried by how determined she is to get around. She pushes herself to the limit and seems to be learning a new skill every day. Sophie is also quite the chatterbox and is usually only quiet when she's up to no good. This month she learned how to say "mama", and I love to hear her go "mom mom mom mom mom" as she crawls around the house. She is such a joy!!
Sophie at 8 Months
- Weighs 18.5 pounds and is 27.5 inches tall
- Has 5 teeth - 2 on top and 3 on the bottom
- Is go, go, go all day long. This girl can crawl across the room in seconds and pulls up on everything.
- Favorite activities include playing on the dishwasher door, Skyping with grandparents, sticking her fingers in the VCR, peek-a-boo, bath time, mealtime, and being naked.
- LOVES to eat! I am pretty sure she is a bottomless pit. I still nurse about 4 times a day and she eats 3-4 jars of baby food and a big bowl of oatmeal before bed. She also likes the food to come fast. If we wait too long between bites she will start to eat her bib or her fingers and then smear it in her hair.
- Enjoys reading books with us and will turn the pages if we help lift them up a little bit.
- Still very attached to her binky. On the upside, she has learned how to put it in her mouth by herself - hallelujah!! On the downside she has learned how to throw it out of her crib, which leads to lots of sadness during nap or in the night.
- Hates putting on anything with long sleeves and acts like we are torturing her when it's time to get dressed. It's going to be a long winter....
My cutie pie - love those chubby cheeks!