We were surprised by a couple things:
First, the flowers we got to make were much bigger than what I was expecting. I thought we'd get to go home with a little tiny blossom, but the flower was the size of my palm and the stem was as long as my forearm.
|Torching the stem of Dave's flower to make it round and smooth|
Second, each flower only took about 7 minutes to make from start to finish. We got to choose two colors, and then using glass heated to 2250 degrees and a combination of spinning and pulling, a molten blob suddenly became a flower - it was very cool!
Our flowers have to cool slowly over night and we will probably pick them up early next week. While they were hot it was hard to tell what color they would become, but in the end mine should be green and Dave's should be blue. I can't wait to see what they look like!